The first step in successful selling is finding prospects willing to buy your products and services. Prospects are people or businesses that want to buy products similar to the ones sold by your businesses. However, they don’t buy from you because they aren’t fully convinced about your offering for one reason or another.
Prospects are distinct from leads. A lead is a person or organization that is at the first stage of communication with your firm. A lead may not even be looking to buy the products that you sell.
The objective for sales team is to find as many leads as possible and convert them into hot prospects and ultimately close the sales through conversion.
Best Practices for Finding Prospects
Selling is all about communication and data recording. If you keep track of where you are in communication with your prospects, you can improve your future communication and have a better chance of closing the deal. There are five good practices that will improve your chances of converting leads.
- Record the prospect in a Salesforce database with complete information including names, contact details and customer requirements etc.
- Give the prospect a score based on the likelihood of closing the deal. The higher score prospects should be focused on more than lower ranked prospects by the team.
- Update record of communication such as telephone calls, emails and visits. Update record on what was said and when the next meeting should be scheduled.
- Make sure you offer real value during every communication. Businesses understand that you are sending emails because you want something for yourself. No one goes through the effort of writing emails for the recipients’ benefit. However, if you add useful information, video or article for their benefit it can have a positive impact on building the relationship.
- Always make sure that you follow up with prospects. Your product may be the best in the market but customers may have forgotten about it during their busy schedule. On many occasions, the follow up call closes the deal when sales personnel find that the prospect couldn’t call back because they had lost the sales agent’s number. Be proactive and set up a reminder on your sales intelligence tool for follow up calls.
Using Apps for Salesforce
Salesforce apps can be used on mobiles from anywhere making it easier for your sales team to create, update and follow up with prospects. Real-time updates allow sales personnel to work on the clients of a different salesperson and provide better customer interaction.
Salesforce Data Import Function
Many new sales platforms make it easier for businesses to keep track of prospects and interact with them regularly to foster good relations. Remember, you don’t always have to contact your customers because you want them to buy your services. You can also with them well on their success or let them know if you have improved service quality or products.
Sometime, a friendly reminder goes a long way in bringing unhappy customers back.
The Salesforce platform offers many useful functions and online connectivity that can improve business sales. You can easily upgrade to the platform and use the Salesforce data import function to integrate your existing customer database quickly and effortlessly.
Using Data Loader Salesforce to Upgrade Your Sales Platform
Data loaders are special programs that can import, export, delete and upgrade a huge amount of data, quickly and securely. Data loader Salesforce offer a complete solution for businesses that often have to upgrade their information from one platform to another due to changing technology.
Data loaders can take on functions like data mapping from the source to Salesforce and eliminate a lot of redundant work for users.