Sales Intelligence tools refer to a variety of software and applications that can be used by the sales personnel to make their job easier. Sales Intelligence tools help businesses keep track of customers’ needs and requirements while also helping the marketing team to assess what sales techniques are more effective.
Sales intelligence tools can be used for setting target for production and sales. They can also be used to provide training or specializations to the sales team. Sales intelligence software is particularly effective in B2B lead generation and sales. It allows the sales team to offer more customized products for clients through 2-way communication.
Building Sales Intelligence
Many businesses are starting to realize the importance of building a sales intelligence database due to its effectiveness. If you build your sales intelligence through a centralized platform, it will allow your sales team to keep track of existing clients’ needs through effective inventory tracking. It will also make it easier to generate leads and follow up on potential customers.
Business intelligence tools make it easier to put down notes on the organization that a sales person is targeting or the person of interest that should be contacted for inquiry on new orders. Knowing when to wish them well on their birthday or congratulating them on the launch of a new product goes a long way in building good B2B relations.
Creating sales intelligence for your business also ensures that if your sales team members leave, they don’t take the customer information with them. When you hire a new sales member, they can take over from where your previous sales person left.
Features of an Effective Sales Intelligence Tool
A good sales intelligence tool should offer the important functions that make it useful for the sales team. There are 5 features that a sales intelligence tool should have.
- The sales intelligence tool should be easy to deploy and must have an easy interface for the sales team. Sales team members are not generally tech-savvy and the intelligence tool should have functions that can be used by a layperson.
- It should be available anywhere at any time. If your sales team is out on the field prospecting, they should be able to add new leads or update existing ones from where they are without having to come back to the office.
- The sales intelligence tool must be easy to integrate with other ERP management systems.
- If the sales tool allows customization, it makes the sales teams’ job easier as each member can add data that they feel is relevant to their selling effort.
- The data record should be easy to sort and categorize based on customer preference.
Popular Sales Intelligence Software
Sales personnel should have a good understanding of how to work on planning software and tools as they make the job of sales much easier. Database management software comes in different varieties. For example, CRM software allows the sales team to improve customer interaction while analytical software make it easier to understand which market segment to focus on.
Sales intelligence software is used to collect and record customer information. The record makes it easier for the salespeople to conduct targeted customer search. Sales people can find technical data based on business products offered, organizational data based on client being researched or identify the process or actions that lead to better sales.
Some of the more popular sales intelligence software that sales teams depend upon include the following.
- Sales Navigation by LinkedIn
- HQ Data